HSE work has a high focus throughout the whole organization and the process to implement all preventive measures possible is continuously ongoing.
Alexela Sløvåg AS is certified according to ISO 9001 : 2008 and ISO 14001 : 2004 standards under: Storage, blending, transit and warehousing for dark and light petroleum products with associated logistic services.
During terminal construction, big investments were made to ensure the safest operation possible, such as:
- A large state of the are fire suppression system that is supplied by 4 diesel driven fire water pumps, 525 BHP each which enables the system to deliver up to 53.000 liters per minute water and foam.
- Advanced fire and gas detection system consisting of numerous gas, flame, heat and smoke detectors throughout the whole terminal area.
- Around the tank farm is a catch basin with walls and dikes to prevent a product spill to the environment in case of a leakage.
- All tanks are equipped with internal floating roofs. This minimizes the emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) approximately 99%.
- All tanks are fitted with a level control system that automatically shuts down pumps and closes valves in case of a high level alarm.
- Terminal area is fully monitored by CCTV system form the control room which is manned 24/7 year round.
- The jetty is equipped with new oils booms which are easily deployed by the new MOB boat that is installed in a quick launch davit at the jetty.